I read this today and I thought it was awesome …. It wasn’t attributed to anyone so I can’t tell you the wise sage that wrote it first:
“Ever since happiness heard your name, it has been running through the streets trying to find you”
Its easy to forget sometimes that we have all we need in front of us or packed away into a drawer just waiting for us to rediscover it.
It can be that we dwell on the hard stuff, for its right there in front of us, like an immovable object with a will of its own. It can be hard to drag your focus back to the good things, all the daily things that are good and amazing.
I love that my little pot plant garden can yield flowers for my house. In an effort to focus just on the flowers and the fact that they were making me smile I DID NOT retake the photograph when I looked at it and thought that I really should have washed the window sill before I put them there (See its really easy to focus on the negatives isn’t it)!!!
I love that despite some recent body blows (well not literally but some fairly crippling blows to his little business) my gorgeous lil bro is punching on and finding new ways through. He is still doing his unpaid gig on the radio …. please tune in:
(The “Tonight” is actually every Thursday)
Ever since happiness heard your name, it has been running through the streets trying to find you …. Don’t you just love that. I love the imagery of HAPPINESS itself, which is of course such a nebulous thing anyway, chasing through the streets, hunting me down, trying to catch me!
The image I have is of “Little Miss Happy” … think of a little 1 foot soft yellow toy chasing you through the streets, trying to catch you and make sure you’re feeling Happy. It’s an uplifting and happy little thought in itself.
This week I’m happy about
– my new work, albeit its a temporary contract thing, its great to be earning again;
– my new sitting just to my left workmate, Wendy aka Foxxy Cleopatra, who is a lovely new friend;
– my other new colleague Donna who is a babe with arms (if you haven’t heard that expression before read Dame Elisabeth Murdoch’s biography);
– a friend in New York who is hopefully going to source American bed linen sizes so I can make a Lush Linen sample to send Oprah (and then of course have Oprah LOVE it and give it a free spruik on her watched by millions tv show 🙂 );
– looking forward to catching up with a friend I haven’t seen for a long time this Saturday morning; and
– catching up with another friend Saturday night at Centonove, Cotham Rd in Kew
Ever since happiness heard your name, it has been running through the streets trying to find you …. Its trying to find you too friends. Be on the alert and let it catch up with you.